Friday, September 23, 2011

PVDA Loch Moy

Last weekend, Tammy and I rode in a recognized dressage show through PVDA at Loch Moy! Even though my last recognized dressage show was around a year ago, I am a fairly confident rider, who seldom gets nervous! So, when I rode into the dressage arena feeling a little anxiety, I was greatly surprised! Whenever I get nervous, I blank out on my test....which I definitely did! But thankfully, I remembered my test before my next movement!  While Tammy started out in the warm up fabulous, and swinging through her back, it started to lightly rain giving her a chill making us end on a slightly less swinging note as we went into the arena.  I walked out of each test feeling like we pulled off a decent test. Thank god, Tammy is such a show off! 

The weekend was joined by friend, and PL horse owner; Julie Kingsbury who owns, "PL Irish Decor" competing against me in FL test 1! So we were having some friendly chat (of course comparing, who has the best PL bred horse!) when a friend of hers runs over to congratulate her.  She placed second in her First Level class!  They quickly also congratulated me, thereby notifying me that I had received first place in FL test 1!  Tammy didn't let me down on her second test either, pulling off a score of 70% to win her First Level test 2, and coming home with the highpoint score for the entire First Level division! I couldn't be more pleased with my homebreds!  This weekend we are back to a schooling show, and will give FL 3 a go at By Chance Farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment