Monday, August 6, 2012

Stephen Bradley Clinic at Playland Farm

This past weekend, August 4 + 5 Playland Farm hosted a two clinic with 4 star eventer; Stephen Bradley.  I was fortunate enough to snatch multiple rides with him! He significantly helped me with each horse that I lessoned on! However, he has been a huge help with Diamond, Playland Farm's stallion. Riding a stallion presents a unique set of challenges unlike mares or geldings. While Diamond is very well behaved, he is no exception to this! I have so many personal goals for Diamond and know what a great accomplished stallion he has the potential to be! Since I broke some ribs in the beginning of the month, I have been putting jumping on hold and focusing Diamond in dressage....and we have been butting heads ever since! Saturday was the first time I jumped Diamond in about 6 weeks! His eyes lit up, his ears pricked, and flew over those fences as if he had wings! Diamond spoke loud and clearly that he wants to start focusing in the direction of stadium jumping!  Stephen had many helpful suggestions to help me successfully guide Diamond's enthusiasm towards a clean clear course!

So it looks like we have some HITS in Culpeper in our future!

Photo Courtesy of Margaret Rizzo.
Diamond in his group lesson with Stephen Bradley day 2 of the clinic. He showed off how well he can run and jump over terrain for the multiple mares in the group! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment